Happy Easter, friends! The new lockdown measures have certainly dampened the mood, but we will all get through this together. The good news is, houses are still selling. Ottawa’s market is expected to thrive well into the spring/summer season.
If you’re thinking of buying or selling this spring season (or if you know someone who might be looking for a real estate agent), then read on to find out why the STYFiRE team stands out above the rest.
You’re a Buyer?
1. First thing’s first. Buyers should NEVER pay realtor fees. If you’re being charged, then something is fishy and our suggestion: RUN (right into our virtual offices)!
2. The market is moving at Quicksilver speed (any other WandaVision fans out there? No, just us?). Sure, you can venture into this vast and unfamiliar landscape all on your own, but why would you when you can join powers with us? We make fantastic company.
3. We’ll sit down and go through your list of must-haves, set you up with a mortgage broker (having a pre-approval before you begin your search is a must), and send you emails any time a new property meeting your prerequisites hits the market.
4. Time to shop! Once you see something you like, we’ll go through the comps with you, discuss the winning price and the best strategy to follow, and then we’ll submit the offer. We will also (gently) steer you in another direction if we feel the property you fell in love with is a dud masquerading as a beauty.
5. Almost all listings end in a bidding war. That is a reality of our current market. One of the best ways to win is to have an agent who knows the market, an agent who has a strong working relationship with the listing agent, and an agent who will work tirelessly to serve you.
Want to know more? Of course, you do! Give us a call or shoot us an email, and we’ll be happy to chat with you about all your real estate concerns/issues/questions. If you’re a seller, then check out our recent post on why you should sell with us!
Stay safe, and until next time, STYFiRE out!